Tuesday 16 September 2014

A choice in a chance =)

Meg

I was with a new set of group in marketing management last Sunday. There were three gentlemen in our group and I came to know more one of them. He was a family man with 2 kids and a loving wife. We were so amazed with his love story.

I can’t imagine the fact that he fell in love with his childhood friend at the age of 17. Both were in their first relationship, however it didn't last. He met another girl and engaged for 5 years. As years went by, it failed. There’s no third party involved. As a matter of fact, I respect and admire him more for allowing his former love to be in loved with another man before allowing himself to be with another woman again.  I asked him ‘was it difficult?’. He told me ‘it was 50-50’. He was happy for her because finally someone will make her happy again. On his part, he believed it’s also the right time to move on and be merry again.

After several months, he met someone in a plane in one of his business trips. He met his first childhood love again. Could it be a chance? A second chance? What if there are no such things as chances? Would there be a choice? Is there any choice to make that chance happen? What if he was not on that plane? What if the girl was not in that same plane? What if she’s married? How to make a choice if there’s no chance? Is it a choice opens to other choices?

I suddenly realized what my mother told me, she said that no matter what happen, even in a short span of time, there will be someone for me. It was pre-destined. Just like before I was born. God knows what exact genes or DNA for me to bear… the union of my parents was just the right mixture of the color of my skin, my identity, my personality and everything that makes me to be me right now. With her note that I do not have to worry, surely he will just come on time. I just have to open my heart fully and listen carefully when the right time comes.

Then, I comprehend that life is a journey as well as love. The continuous finding and searching for someone will never end even up to meeting that person finally. It’s a choice whether we allow that person to stay and last forever in our lives. Life is too short and by making that one right decision will enormously significant for us to live longer happily in a lifetime. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment