Thursday 20 December 2012

How to maintain the right focus this Christmas

by Ptr. Graham


I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well.

2 Timothy 1:5
 
I’m so thankful that I had parents who knew what Christmas was all about. Every Christmas Eve, before we opened any gifts, we would first open the Word of God and have a family devotional. That’s how I learned the true meaning of Christmas.

Many parents today don’t realize the powerful influence they have on their children. Studies show that in the formative years of a child’s life, he or she has no greater influence than that of a parent. How you act and what you hold important is going to form the way your kids think. And this influence is only for a limited time.

So as we begin the season of Advent, I want to challenge you and your family to make sure you give Christ preeminence in your hearts and your home. I hope you set aside time to learn about Him together and praise Him through song.

You are the window through which your kids will see the world. Be one that reflects Christ, and lead your children in the everlasting way!



PARENTS, TEACH YOUR CHILDREN THE WORD OF GOD. LEAD THEM TO THE TRUTH AND ALLOW GOD’S SPIRIT TO IGNITE FAITH IN THEIR LIVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment