Saturday 15 December 2012

Understanding Mother’s Love


by Meg

I received a text message and a missed call from my mother this afternoon.  I felt she missed my late brother so much. It’s been two years since he left us but I guess the pain was still there as I read her message. I gave her a call and knowing that she’s crying (as I listened to her voice) made me feel she needed me on her side at that very moment. I let her heart to speak for I know it will only ease her longing and loneliness for my brother. The love of a mother to her child will always be constant, unchanging. Unfading. Unconditional --- and that’s best describe her, my mother.

Understanding her pain was really hard to imagine but again, I know that time heals all wounds. During these difficult times, we cannot force anyone to let their heart mend easily the way we wanted to. Only God can by constant praying, listening and comforting that person. And for my mother, I was blessed that God made my heart even stronger for her. I encouraged her to let go of the pain, accept the reality and move on. I know that’s not easy because I went through that tough situation (losing someone you loved). However, life is still so good and even greater if we only trust God to take control of everything.

Happy that at least I’m still here, we're still here for her --- knowing that I have my mother and father to talk to anytime --- for me is something to be grateful for and a special gift from God every day. At the same time, I always thank the Lord for the gift of life He bestow upon to all of us... to enjoy, to love and to be happy about. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment