Tuesday 22 January 2013

I Can


I Can

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13, NKJV.

TODAY’S WORD
When was the last time you declared "I can” out loud? It’s not something people think to do every day. In fact, most people tend to magnify their limitations. They focus on their shortcomings. But scripture makes it plain: all things are possible to those who believe. That’s right! It is possible to see your dreams fulfilled. It is possible to overcome that obstacle. It is possible to climb to new heights. It is possible to embrace your destiny. You may not know how it will all take place. You may not have a plan, but all you have to know is that if God said you can…you can!

Today, why don’t you begin to open yourself up to possibilities in your future by simply declaring this verse, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength?” At the stoplight, when you’re waiting in line, any time you have a second just quote this verse to yourself again. Let it sink down deeply into your heart. As you do, His word will transform you. Faith will rise up in your heart and will boldly embrace the blessings that He has in store for you!

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, thank You for empowering me by Your spirit to do everything that I’m called to do. Thank You for Your hand of blessing on me as I submit my ways to You. I declare “I can” do all things in Jesus’ Name! Amen.

***
But God in his grace chose me even before I was born, and called me to serve him. Galatians 1:15a (TEV)
Pastor Rick has been teaching us about the way God calls us into his plans for our lives.
Your calling is a gift from God. He doesn’t call a few select saints to serve him. “[God] first save[s] us and then call[s] us to this holy work. We had nothing to do with it. It was all his idea, a gift prepared for us in Jesus long before we knew anything about it”. (2 Timothy 1:9 MSG)
This means ordinary people with children and jobs and mortgages and really, really full calendars — in other words, people just like you and me — are called to be ministers from God.
The Bible teaches that every Christian is:
  • Created for ministry (Ephesians 2:10)
  • Saved for ministry (2 Timothy 1:9)
  • Called into ministry (1 Peter 2:9-10)
  • Gifted for ministry (1 Peter 4:10)
  • Authorized for ministry (Matthew 28:18–20)
  • Commanded to minister (Matthew 20:26–28)
  • Prepared for ministry (Ephesians 4:11–12)
  • Needed for ministry (1 Corinthians 12:27)
  • Accountable for and rewarded according to his or her ministry (Colossians 3:23–24)
You are among “the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God’s instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you . . .” (1 Peter 2:9 MSG).
Talk about it -
  • God shaped you for ministry. The God of the universe shaped you uniquely to make a contribution in this world and the world to come.
  • God will support you in ministry. There is no way you can fail in your mission unless you fail to accept the calling.
  • God will answer your questions. Ask God how he wants you to contribute. Ask him how he wants to use the way he’s created you to uniquely serve him. Ask God, “What kind of God-legacy do you want me to leave?”

No comments:

Post a Comment