Monday 21 January 2013

The Nature of God


by Meg

‘Though quite busy and still a lot of articles to read, I can’t help but to express how ‘prayer and fasting’ last year changed my life.  It was a determined commitment of knowing and asking God’s provision, will and guidance. Honest to goodness, it took some time for God to answer two of my most major prayer requests. The waiting time was not a wasted time but a fruitful one for me to which I can say and discover more the true nature of God in my life.

One of the prayers I asked from God was… ‘Lord, is it Your will for me to go here (Malaysia)?’ Well, almost half a year of waiting, God finally answered it. Actually, in between those waiting period, I can accept the offer to work in Middle East but I declined it for three times (in different months). There’s still a small voice wanting me to stay and wait for more time. Besides, I was working then in a Project Management Company, the training ground was really so great, I got the chance to experience more to work on site from excavation to nearly completion (fit-out works) of a 4-storey commercial building with two basements. More so, I appreciated much all my office mates including our VP-Operations --- Sir Gerry. By the way, I thanked him for approving and endorsing my referral letter to MSU.

So imagine how God answered a certain and specific request… again, a delay is not a denial from God (as Rick Warren said). Looking back the time, what if I accepted to work in Dubai? Guess what?… honestly I don’t know. All I know, it was a choice not to entertain any offer but to proceed what I had started the day I was given the opportunity to work here; until finally, my visa
has been approved (the 1st Filipina woman in our company) and my plane ticket was issued --- a sign that it’s time for me to go. 

The waiting time was rewarding with countless blessings in different forms; my heartfelt thanks to God for that. To all the people I came to know and appreciate, you all filled me up with great, wonderful, happy and enjoyable learning experiences especially to Dr. Dean Kashiwagi and his son Abe --- two great gentlemen with exceptional heart and wisdom.

My second prayer was revealed to me by God in different way that required an absolute trust and understanding. It was a personal prayer if my heart was still in line to God’s heart. It was then I came to know more that to enter in a relationship, it’s very important that both parties must have the same vision and mission in life together. I asked God that if His will be done that time, then let it be. I will just follow. His divine intervention was so powerful that I cannot able to resist but to accept. My willingness to hear God’s heart required so much trust and believing that everything will going to be fine. I may not understand it but allowing God to re-align my heart according to His will has changed my heart. I was so thankful that God allowed me to experience again this wonderful thing in my life.

Finally, learning to  know more about the true nature of God is really important to each and every one. First and foremost, He is unchanging God (James 1:17). The course of our action determines our choice to be happy and grateful despite of our own circumstances in life. The fullness of God’s goodness and kindness in our lives set our path toward His direction. His divine intervention comes in when we allow it to happen and accept it with ease and grace. Second nature of God is His being generous (James 1:5). Believing that God is never selfish enables us to recognize His immeasurable blessings every single moment. He wants to lavish us with every good and perfect gift that God alone can give. Indeed, to appreciate what’s in our hands that others do not have and others have that we do not have --- is something we have to think and be grateful for. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment