Tuesday 5 November 2013

Divine Intervention and Trust


Divine Intervention and Trust
by Meg

Every one of us experience divine intervention. One of the most memorable moments I had was in the year 2008. Being an ordinary employee, I was contented to work in my own homeland. I got the position where I can lead a team and be my own self. Having an employer who’s very supportive, selfless and generous when it comes to wisdom of sharing, inspiring and encouraging was truly a great blessing.

In the same year, I was able to acquire a small property for our parents as my gift to them for their hard work, patience and love.  We had our own house in the province when I was young as three years old but when my parents decided to migrate in the city, we started to rent a small space for about almost 25 years. Until now, I can’t imagine how my parents successfully managed to pay our education having 4 kids, house utilities, rental, everyday food and allowances. Thanked God our mother was really good in budgeting and accounting.

I received countless blessings that year from God (both good and not so good) which I came to manage. One of which was to know that my father was diagnosed with emphysema. Being the daddy’s girl, I really wanted to see him stronger and alive for many more years to come. I sincerely prayed to Heavenly Father to extend our father’s life more. According to his doctor, he needed to have an oxygen concentrator to preserve his lungs and prolong his life. As I thoroughly searched on the internet, I was blessed to get one.  Although it was quite expensive, I managed to buy one for him. My bank account was almost gone but I believed God will never leave me empty. It was so amazing because it was ‘just in time’ I had a call from Dubai that an employer offering me to work with them. At first, I was so happy and excited and eventually somehow afraid and nervous. A woman like me going to another place? What’s there for me, Oh God?

As I came to contemplate everything, it was a divine intervention. An answered prayer. This was once I had prayed for almost 2 years as I thought that year. I told to myself… Now is the right time. If not now, when. I don’t want to ask myself someday the question ‘what if?’ whether my life in Dubai is successful or not at least, I tried. I will absolutely win by trying and definitely lose by doing nothing. The transition between my previous job and the one in Dubai was so smooth. I still completed my 30-day turn-over because I loved my General Manager for his support and guidance. My decision to leave him was so touching because he believed that it’s time for me to grow internationally.

More than I have foreseen, God blessed me much. The decision for me to work in Dubai was so amazing and wonderful. My employer, my housemates, church mates, my work these are all merely a blessings. The divine intervention was so powerful and a life changing experience. Waiting time was not a wasted time. Recalling from the past, it was all started by just a simple calling card given to me by one of my officemates in my previous company. I sent my resume in the email address provided in the calling card. I was not initially accepted during that time (due to civil work construction phase) but it was again God who’s working behind the scene for me to work there not in my time but in His own time. My part was to discern and accept it with a strong conviction.

Trust is an essential part in acknowledging God’s intervention in our lives. Whenever I have some sort of doubts in anything that that I cannot control about, I always told to myself in prayer “Lord, I commit all these thing to you, let Your will and not my will because You always have the best interest of my heart…” when we used to say ‘I commit’, it has a power for us to let God in control of everything that we cannot control; whatever major decisions in life we have to make, it will always lead to peace of mind, understanding and always be as great as ever, something far beyond or so to speak, more than beyond we can imagine and wish for. =)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment