Tuesday 12 November 2013

In the Midst of the Storm

In the Midst of the Storm

When I was a kid about five years old, I can still recall the life of someone being affected by a strong typhoon. We just lived near by the river that time and renting a small space at the ground level. If there’s a strong rain and heavy winds, we easily moved in to our aunt’s house at their second floor until the flood will subside. If the water level was too high, we decided to vacate the place and stay temporarily inside our school classroom. I was a kindergarten student then.

I started my elementary years not in that place any more  Our parents decided to occupy a space near to our school with my other siblings. Flood was no longer an issue during typhoon however; I was a bit worried that time including our mother waiting for our father to come home from work. I felt so safe and secure to see him he’s finally home for us. It was my happiness to see our family eating together in the midst of the storm.

For me, the feeling was like a little Christmas. Our food may not be that too expensive but it was our mother who made the simple dish ‘munggo beans’ to something so special. I loved our mother for being so caring. She treated our father like a king and I came to know it well. He was a hard working father and I believed that he deserved to be well served after a long hours of work especially if he was at midnight shift, more so if it’s typhoon or rainy season.


Now that we had our own home to stay, we felt so blessed and thankful to God for another miracle and blessing. It was our father assured me that everything was ok and he was fine too as I heard his voice over the phone last Sunday.  I might be too far from our family yet no distance can separate us from the love of God in the midst of the storm.  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment