Saturday 1 September 2012

How to be secure in the big leaps of life


by: Ptr. Graham

“Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ ... But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”

Matthew 6:31–33

Back when I was a pastor in Florida, our church got a call from a movie studio that wanted to use one of our buildings to shoot a scene for an upcoming movie. We thought about it, and gave them consent. And when they came, I was able to meet some of the production team.

Some of my favorite people I had the chance to talk with that week were the stunt men. These were the wildest guys I had ever met! They talked about jumping out of helicopters, through windows, and off of buildings ... always onto this giant inflatable catcher.

So I asked one of them, “How do you ever get the courage to jump out of a plane or off a building?” And he said, “You just take the first step and the rest of it takes care of itself. I’d jump off almost anything if I know I’ve got a good catcher.”

As Christians, we have a great catcher. And there are times when God calls us to make big “jumps” for Him, trusting fully that He’ll catch us when we do. When you take a leap of faith, He’s going to catch you. So don’t be afraid of being a “stunt man” for Jesus. Just remember He’s there to catch you, and step out in faith!

MAKE BIG LEAPS OF FAITH FOR CHRIST, TRUSTING FULLY THAT HE’LL CATCH YOU EVERY TIME!


Selamat Hari Kemerdekaan! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment