Monday 10 September 2012

What makes me happy?

by Meg

Simple thing makes me happy and I want to share one of the many things that I appreciated much in Malaysia…

It’s been 5 months since I started to work here and I want to take this opportunity to thank this diligent man --- being one of our company drivers. His name is Mr. Fausi. He doesn’t speak well the English language in as much as I don’t speak Bahasa (their spoken language). At least we’re quite equally the same (in terms of language proficiency) hehehe. What is our common denominator then? Guess what? Smile and laughter.  Every time I sit in front of the car, he always asked me this question ‘you happy?’ I said ‘yes.’

Actually, he knows me well, if I’m not. He just looks at me and asks sincerely again. And if he doesn’t satisfied with my answer, he repeats the question again and again and again until he makes me sure that I’m ok. 

This afternoon he asked the same question again, I said ‘yes’. In the same manner I asked him too… ‘Are you happy?’ He said, ‘yes happy, I now pick you to Villaflora. No problem.’ Although it’s hard for him to construct such sentence, still I was able to grasp what he meant. It was the thought that really counts for me. I was touched by what he said. I came to know more how he valued me as a person (just like his kids) more than a passenger. Tough secret, he knows my secret too, hehehe. And that makes a difference! He always let me know that --- ‘if you happy, I’m happy’ and with this few words from him, it makes me feel that he cares.

More than that, I’m happy to say that --- I may not understand him (sometimes) through verbal communication yet he knows and I know that when we laugh and smile together going home… it’s more than words that a man can explicate. Better say, words are not enough to explain for two people when laughter intervenes in their midst.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment