Saturday 8 September 2012

Line up Your Heart



Line up Your Heart

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
Psalm 86:11, NIV.

TODAY’S WORD
When the Lord looks at your heart, what does He see?

Everyone has an outer life and an inner life. The outer life is our public life that people can see. The inner life is made up of your thoughts, attitudes and motives. Only you and God know what’s going on inside. Too many people go around today pretending—acting one way, yet on the inside, they’re thinking something totally different. Their heart and their actions don’t line up.

We have to understand that God looks at the inside. We can fool a lot of people, but we can’t fool God. God would rather us be open and honest than for us to go through life pretending or wearing masks. Today, take inventory of what’s going on inside of you. Are you at peace? Are you overlooking offenses? Do you believe the best in people? Are your heart and actions lining up? If not, submit your ways to the Lord today and ask Him to give you an undivided heart. Live a life pleasing to Him and walk in His blessing all the days of your life!

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Dear Father, I humbly come before You today and ask that You search the deep places of my heart. Show me if there is any area where I need to line up my heart and actions. Help me to be authentic in You today in Jesus Name. Amen.

***
“Jesus said, ‘No procrastination. No backward looks. You can’t put God's kingdom off till tomorrow. Seize the day.’” (Luke 9:62 MSG)
In Mark 10, a huge crowd was following Jesus as he left Jericho. A blind beggar named Bartimaeus was sitting beside the road as Jesus was going by. When Bartimaeus heard that Jesus was nearby, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
When Bartimaeus got up that morning, he had no idea that Jesus Christ was going to be passing by him that day. He thought it was just another ordinary day: same place, same cry for help, same miserable, lonely, pitiful lifestyle. He had no time to prepare for Jesus; it was just an opportunity that was dropped in his lap. He had to seize the moment.
He said, “I’m not going to miss this one. I’m going to take advantage. Jesus is coming by my place right now. I’m not going to delay. I’m not going to procrastinate. I’m going to do this now.” That’s the first key to a fresh start in your life: Whatever you’re going to do, do it now. Don’t say, “Next year I’m going to make a fresh start. Next month I’m going to make a fresh start. Tomorrow I’m going to make a fresh start.” It’s now or never. Seize the moment! 
Every day, there are opportunities all around you for a fresh start, but you don’t take advantage of them. Why? One word: procrastination.
Procrastination is a strange phenomenon. We think it will make our lives easier; we think it will make our lives more present when actually it just creates more stress. The truth is, you already know the right things to do and the benefits of doing the right things in life. So why don’t you do them?
The Bible warns us over and over about presuming upon tomorrow. I’m not guaranteed a tomorrow, and neither are you. Jesus said, “No procrastination. No backward looks. You can’t put God's kingdom off till tomorrow. Seize the day” (Luke 9:62 MSG).
You have no guarantee that you will live tomorrow. Whatever you’re going to do, you better do it now.  
Talk About It

  • In what area of or situation in your life do you need to stop procrastinating?
  • If you knew tomorrow wouldn’t come, what would you want to accomplish today?





No comments:

Post a Comment