Thursday 20 September 2012

Live with an Eternal Perspective



Live with an Eternal Perspective

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
…It is more blessed to give than to receive.
Acts 20:35, NIV.

TODAY’S WORD
So much of our culture is inward focused. People are conditioned to think, “What’s in it for me?” But the most rewarding way to live is not with the attitude, “How can I get blessed today?” No, if we are always self-focused wondering how we can benefit, that’s living with a shallow, temporary mentality. Instead of looking out only for your good, turn it around and say, “How can I be a blessing to others? Who can I inspire to rise higher? What seeds of greatness can I call forth out of someone?” Friend, that’s living at a higher level.

Today, I encourage you to be on the lookout for ways to be a blessing to other people. It’s amazing how one word of encouragement can change the direction of a person’s life forever. When you reach out and speak faith over others, when you speak vision and cause others to rise higher, something supernatural happens to your own life. It won’t be long before you see yourself excelling and rising up higher when you live with an eternal perspective!

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, help me to live with an eternal perspective. Help me to stay focused on meeting the needs of others. Let me be Your hands and feet, let me be Your mouthpiece and bring You glory in everything I do in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

***
“When desperate people give up on God Almighty, their friends, at least, should stick with them.” (Job 6:14 MSG)
God doesn’t intend for you to handle pain or loss or stress by yourself. The problem is, when we’ve had a loss or disappointment, the natural reaction is to withdraw from others. This is a bad idea!
The Bible says, “When desperate people give up on God Almighty, their friends, at least, should stick with them” (Job 6:14 MSG). God commands us to bear each other’s burdens! We’re told to “encourage one another and build each other up” (1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV).
Every one of us will experience difficulties and pain. Pain is the great equalizer. It doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, old or young. Every one of us will face troubles. This is why small groups are so important. The Bible says, “By helping each other with your troubles, you truly obey the law of Christ” (Galatians 6:2 NCV).
Job says, “Anyone who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty” (Job 6:14 NIV). The Good News translation says, “In trouble like this I need loyal friends — whether I've forsaken God or not.”
Every person needs Christian friends who will be your friend even when you say, “I don't think I believe in God right now” and who will nurse you back to faith. 
Talk About It

  • Can you think of a time when you knew there was a God but you wanted to say, “I don't think I believe in God right now”?
  • Who did you depend on in a situation like that? How do you develop relationships that produce friends on whom you can depend?

No comments:

Post a Comment