Tuesday 11 September 2012

You are Equipped




You are Equipped

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
Every Scripture is God-breathed…so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17, AMP.

TODAY’S WORD
God has equipped you with everything you need to fulfill your destiny through His Word. That means you are well able to do what He has called you to do. You can accomplish your goals. You can fulfill your dreams! You have the ideas, the creativity, and talent to be successful. You can overcome any obstacle. You’ve been armed with strength for every battle.

Not only has God equipped you, but He is also working on your behalf. He has already gone before you and lined up the right people and the right opportunities. You have everything you need to live a victorious life—you were created to excel!

You may not have seen it in the past, but if you’ll stay in faith, it’s just a matter of time; victory is on its way. Don’t settle where you are. Don’t have a weak, defeated mentality. Have the attitude, “I am anointed. I can accomplish my dreams. I can overcome any obstacle. I am empowered by the Creator of the universe, and I am thoroughly equipped for every good work that God has called me to!”

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for equipping me. Thank You for empowering me. Help me to stay focused on Your Word and Your plan for me today. Help me to walk in Your anointing so that I can do all You’ve called me to do. I bless You today in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

***
“Jesus said to him, ‘Go; your faith has made you well.’ Immediately he regained his sight ...” (Mark 10:52a NASB)
First, you seize the moment and recognize when God gives you an opportunity. Second, you move against your fears. Third, you announce your faith and the changes you want to make in your life. Then, you receive God's grace.
Mark 10:52 says, “Jesus said to him, ‘Go; your faith has made you well.’ Immediately he regained his sight ...” (NASB) Bartimaeus seized the opportunity to cry out to Jesus when the Son of God walked by his mat. He publicly expressed his belief in who Jesus was and what he could do for him. Then, he accepted the grace of God that allowed him to see again.
Some of you are like the blind beggar, Bartimaeus — you’re carrying major conflict, disappointment, or grief on your shoulders. You’re lonely and feel that happiness has passed you by. You’re in a lot of pain.
Jesus Christ wants to give you a fresh start! You can’t earn it or work for it. You certainly don’t deserve it. You don’t buy it. You don’t do a bunch of religious rituals. You just receive the free gift of God's grace and the ability to make a fresh start — regardless of your past or what you’ve done or the things you’ve brought on yourself.
Some of you say, “I’d like to change. I’d like a fresh start. I’d like to be different, but I just can’t.” And you’re right! You can’t change. If you could, you would have already done it. You need a power greater than yourself to make the changes that really make a difference in your life. You need God's power: “I can do all things through him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13 NIV).
Have you tried asking God for help? Have you tried receiving God's grace and letting him give you power that you don’t have on your own?
Bartimaeus was blind, but he had enough vision to see that Jesus Christ could help him out. He had enough vision to see that he needed grace. Do you? Do you realize how much grace you need in life, or do you just think you can go through life on your own?
Grace isn’t just for salvation; it’s for the daily mistakes of life. If you don’t have grace in your life, then you’re going to be filled with regret. When you’re filled with regret, you get stuck in the past. And if you’re stuck in the past, you can’t make a fresh start.
I don’t know what regrets you’re carrying, but I do know that the grace and forgiveness of God is available, and you can begin a fresh start. If you will seize this moment, if you will move against your fears, if you will announce in faith, “I need you, God,” then God’s grace will be available to you so that you can accomplish things beyond your imagination.
Talk About It
Sometimes you may think it’s easier to do something yourself than ask for help. What effect does this have on your physical and emotional health?
What mistakes or regrets do you need to hand over to God today?


No comments:

Post a Comment