Thursday 27 September 2012

Happy Birthday Nanay!


by: Meg

Today is my mother’s 59th birthday and I thank God because He gave me such a wonderful mother like her. There are many things I like about my mother which I truly admired of… her humility, patience and unconditional love.

I saw my mother how graciously taught us these three important virtues. As time passed by, I learned that Humility is the SOUL of forgiveness and forgiveness is the HEART of humility.  Like my grandmother, she’s also patient with us --- as her children and I love her for that especially when we were still so young.  Her unconditional love taught us these two basic things (forgiveness and patience); truly mother knows best.

I’m proud of my mother for being such a great daughter to my grandmother and grandfather. She may not able to attend further studies in secondary school because of poverty yet I owe her a lot of what I am right now. She strived and encouraged us to have a better education and to attain more what they don’t have in life through perseverance, discipline, determination and patience. The love that she learned from my grandmother is definitely an epitome of a woman with a good heart, with her loving kindness --- what else is there to be grateful for to God every single day and having such a wonderful mother like her… I will always thank and  love God for the rest of my life!

Happy birthday Nanay! =)


(I like the message of this song by Elvis Costello especially the following lines)

She may be the mirror of my dreams
The smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem inside her shell

She who always seems so happy in a crowd
Whose eyes can be so private and so proud
No one's allowed to see them when they cry
She may be the love that cannot hope to last
May come to me from shadows of the past
But I'll remember till the day I die

She may be the reason I survive
The why and wherefore I'm alive
The one I'll care for through the rough in many years
Me, I'll take her laughter and her tears
And make them all my souvenirs
For where she goes I've got to be
The meaning of my life is she

No comments:

Post a Comment