Sunday 12 May 2013

Celebrating Mother's Day =)




This day I want to thank our Nanay (mother) for everything she has done… for my life and for our family. I learned a lot from her and still learning more. For all the days of her life, I always thank the Lord. Recalling the past years, I can never measure how she diligently worked so hard to sustain our family especially when my father took his first medical leave for 6 months. Having four kids simultaneously into school was really a great challenge for her (especially me, because of my Architecture course); I had three projects to submit every semester and esquisse every meeting class. No wonder why she only gave us school allowance intended for transportation and food every day. She’s absolutely skillful in budgeting and accounting. A very resourceful mother. If ever I needed something in school immediately, she will always try to find ways without any complain.

Our Nanay was very patient and forgiving, two of her best traits I always proud of her. When we were still in grade school, we cannot deny the fact and avoid having some sibling rivalry at home. Our immaturity and indifferences made her tears to flow, perhaps because she seldom used rod in disciplining us (not like our father). Her enduring patience and understanding ‘our growth years’ were truly amazing. Second thing, she always reminded us to be more forgiving… Love, help and respect each other.

As a wife, I admired her for being submissive to our Tatay, (father). In our younger years, she loved to stay at home… happy and heartily serving our family. I saw her how she conscientiously preparing everything for our father before going to work (from his warm bath (warm water), clothes to wear, food to eat) until reaching home… she did the same again for our Tatay untiringly. Her humility radiated deeply in her heart that never ever fades.

These were some of the many great things and ‘I owe you’ Nanay in our lives. Not to forget also her prayers for the entire family, for me especially… my heart. No doubt I can endure all things, bear all things because she always praying for me. So thankful. Happy knowing that God blessed us so much to have her. She never did finish any degree nor even secondary but her own School of Thought and University of Wisdom will always remain in our hearts. We love you Nanay. A Blessed Happy Mother’s Day. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment