Wednesday 29 May 2013

Make Your Requests Known


Make Your Requests Known

Today's Scripture:
…it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
Luke 12:32, ASV.

Today's Word:
As a father, there’s no one I’d rather bless than my own children. There’s no one I’d rather see increase and rise higher in life. It’s the same way with our heavenly Father. It gives Him pleasure to give His children His Kingdom. It brings a smile to His face.
If my own children never acted like I wanted to bless them and were always afraid to ask me for something, or acted like they were bothering me or intimidated, it would break my heart. I want them to be bold and come to me. I want them to ask for the desires of their hearts.

Today, know that God loves you with an everlasting love. He longs to be good to you. He wants you to come boldly to Him. He wants you to make your requests known. Trust that when you call on Him, He will answer. He will show you His love and lead you in everlasting life.

Prayer for Today:

Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for Your love. I know that it gives You pleasure to reveal Yourself to me. Have Your way in my life as I boldly come to You and make my requests known in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

***
“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” (Acts 17:27 NIV)
God, your Heavenly Father, loves you more than you will ever know. You can turn to him when you need acceptance, when you need approval, and when you need attention.
God has seen every single moment of your life. He has witnessed every word you’ve ever said — good or bad — and every hurt you’ve ever experienced. God knows every fear, every sin, and every sorrow you’ve ever felt.
Unlike your human father, God has known every thought you’ve ever had, and he’s understood you completely. Today, you can turn to him because he’s a caring, consistent, close, and competent Father. He will never leave you.
Maybe you’ve allowed experiences with a human parent to warp or cloud your view of your heavenly Father, and that has made you think God is unreasonable or unreliable or unconcerned. You were wrong. You need to turn to the truth today.      
Would you pray this prayer in your heart?
“Dear God, I want you to be my heavenly Father, and I want to be your child. I ask you to adopt me into your home. I want to be spiritually born into your family through Jesus Christ. Jesus, I don’t understand it all, but I accept you as the way to the Father. I want you to be in charge of my life to guide me and direct me. Thank you that you are a loving, caring, and consistent Father. Thank you that you are competent and that you can handle all the problems that I give to you. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
Talk It Over
  • How has your relationship with your earthly father affected how you view God?
  • How do you think God wants us to use the model of the heavenly Father with our own children?

No comments:

Post a Comment