Monday 27 May 2013

He Knows How It Ends


He Knows How It Ends

Today's Scripture:
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done…
Isaiah 46:10, NKJV.

Today's Word:
Sometimes I will record a football game and watch it when I get home later. Most times, I already know how the game ends. I’ve talked to friends or watched the news. I know my team wins. While I’m watching, I don’t get discouraged if my team falls behind. I don’t get uptight if it’s halftime and we still haven’t scored. I’m totally at peace. Why? I already know the outcome. The truth is that the further behind we fall, the more excited I am because that means a big comeback is on its way. I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen.

As believers, God has promised us victory. You may go through disappointments. At times, it seems like you’re far behind. But you’ve got to remind yourself, “God holds my future in the palm of His hand. He already knows the outcome. God never ends in defeat!” I’m going to come out of this better and stronger than ever before! Remember, He knows how it ends, and it ends in peace, joy and victory in every area of your life!

Prayer for Today:

Father God, how awesome You are! Thank You for declaring victory over my life. I choose to trust Your Word, even when I don’t understand. I trust that You are good and that my end shall be in victory in Jesus’ Name! Amen.

***
"The king appointed singers to walk ahead of the army, singing to the Lord and praising him for his holy splendor. This is what they sang: 'Give thanks to the Lord; his faithful love endures forever!'" (2 Chronicles 20:21 NLT)
In 2 Chronicles 20:21, King Jehoshaphat had a very unusual way of organizing an army: "The king appointed singers to walk ahead of the army, singing to the Lord and praising him for his holy splendor. This is what they sang: 'Give thanks to the Lord; his faithful love endures forever!'" (NLT)
Jehoshaphat’s battle plan was to put a choir before the infantry. Patton would have fainted! Picture this: On one side are the three enemy armies amassed to do battle against Israel. Then there’s the valley where they’re going to do battle. Then there are the lowly Israelites. Jehoshaphat says, “We’re going to take those who sing and make a choir out of you and put you in front of the army as you march into battle.”
There’s a very important truth here: The Israelites were thanking God in advance for the victory. Praise and thanksgiving are verbalized faith. If you thank God after the fact, that’s gratitude. If you thank God before it happens, that’s faith.
Notice the effect of praise in verses 22 and 23: “When they began to sing, the Lord threw the invading armies into a panic. The Ammonites and the Moabites attacked the Edomite army and completely destroyed it, and then they turned on each other in savage fighting" (GNT). God confused the enemy, and they turned on each other and destroyed themselves while the Israelites looked on. There is power in expectation.
You know that insurmountable problem in your life — the one with the odds stacked against you? When are you going to start thanking God for it? After it’s all solved? If so, that’s called gratitude. How about thanking God now, while you’re in the problem or see it coming at you? That is faith.
When you allow God to solve your problems, it becomes a testimony to unbelievers. The world takes notice when the Christian lives by faith. And, God loves to demonstrate his power in those who expect him to work in their lives.
Are you facing a difficult circumstance this week? Do you feel like the odds are against you? Do you think your problem is overwhelming? What do you do? You turn to God — Jehovah Nissi, the God who defends you.
Talk It Over
  • For what do you need to thank God in advance today?
  • How can you show your unbelieving friends and family that you are trusting God to solve your problems? What does that kind of faith in you look like to other people?

No comments:

Post a Comment